1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash and scrub potatoes.
2. Wrap in foil and bake for one hour, or until tender when pierced with fork. Remove from oven.
3. Allow potatoes to cool slightly. Remove foil.
4. Slice each potato in half lengthwise. Carefully scoop center out into a mixing bowl (a melon ball scoop works well.) Reserve skins. The skins will be sturdier if you leave a small rim of potato inside.
5. Mash potatoes with a potato masher to break up clumps.
6. Add butter, sour cream, salt, pepper and cheese. Add green onion, if desired. Mix well.
7. Scoop potato mixture back into empty potato skins.
8. Bake 350 degrees until hot. Serve with desired toppings.
Toppings: Grated cheese, Bacon bits, Parsley flakes, Chives or Buttered crumbs (such as corn flake or cracker)
corn flake or cracker crumbs
1. Mix 1 cup crumbs with 1 tablespoon melted butter.
2. Sprinkle over potatoes and return to oven 3 minutes or until crumbs are crunchy.
Gibson Heritage is committed to preserving the time honored tradition of nourishing the family through healthy home cooked meals shared around the table