1. To make sauce: In skillet, brown ground beef with onion and garlic. Drain. Add tomatoes, spaghetti sauce mix, tomato paste, water, garlic powder and oregano. Simmer 10 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9" x 9" baking pan with cooking spray.
3. Cook lasagna noodles according to directions on box and drain.
4. Layer ingredients in pan: a. Spread 1/3 of the sauce in pan. b. Place 3 noodles over sauce. Fold in ends to fit pan. c. Cover noodles with 1/2 carton cottage cheese, 3/4 cup Mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. d. Repeat steps a through c. e. Top with remaining sauce and 1 cup Mozzarella cheese. Be sure the last layer of sauce and cheese completely covers the noodles.
5. Bake uncovered for about 40 minutes.
Unbaked lasagna can be frozen for later use. If frozen, take out of freezer 6 hours before baking to thaw.
Gibson Heritage is committed to preserving the time honored tradition of nourishing the family through healthy home cooked meals shared around the table