2. Place chicken breasts, one at a time, between two sheets wax paper or in a plastic food bag. Gently pound with flat side of mallet until each is about 1/4" thick.
3. Combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Set aside.
4. On each flattened chicken breast, lay a slice of thin ham.
5. Place a strip of cheese on top of ham at end nearest you. Fold lower edge of chicken breast over cheese, fold in sides and roll up to enclose the ham and cheese as tightly as possible.
6. Dip each rolled chicken breast in melted butter and roll in bread crumb mixture until evenly coated.
7. Place, seam side down, on prepared pan. Drizzle with remaining melted butter. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until next day. Freezes well. (Increase baking time about 15 minutes if frozen.)
8. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
9. Bake uncovered 25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink when lightly slashed. Serve with Mornay Sauce.
half n' half
Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
1. In small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour.
2. Using whisk, stir in chicken broth and half n’ half milk. Bring to a gentle boil. Cook on medium heat, stirring continuously until thickened, about 2 minutes
3. Add Parmesan cheese. Simmer 2 minutes.
Makes 1 1/2 cups
Gibson Heritage is committed to preserving the time honored tradition of nourishing the family through healthy home cooked meals shared around the table