1. In mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
2. In another bowl, mix milk, egg and oil. Add to flour mixture and stir just until blended. (It is normal for some small lumps to remain in batter. Batter should be slightly thick but pourable. Add an additional tablespoon milk, if needed.)
3. Preheat griddle or skillet to medium-high and brush with oil.
4. With ladle, pour approximately 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle for each pancake.
5. Flip pancake over when bubbles form and edges are set. Flip only once and do not flatten pancake while cooking.
6. Cook until golden brown. Serve with homemade syrup.
Makes 6 (5") pancakes
* Substitute 3/4 cup milk and ¼ cup sour cream.
Wheat pancakes: Use 1/2 cup whole wheat flour and 1/2 cup white flour OR Buttermilk pancakes: Substitute buttermilk for milk and add ¼ teaspoon baking soda to dry ingredients
Gibson Heritage is committed to preserving the time honored tradition of nourishing the family through healthy home cooked meals shared around the table