1. Place chicken chunks into beaten egg and mix. Set aside.
2. Place crackers in plastic food bag and roll with rolling pin until crackers are finely crushed. Mix salt into cracker crumbs.
3. With tongs, remove chicken chunks from egg, allowing excess egg to drip off. Roll in cracker mixture until well coated. (Prepare additional eggs and cracker crumbs if they run out before all chicken is coated.) Let prepared chicken chunks sit until oil is heated.
4. In heavy saucepan, heat oil to 350 degrees. Using tongs, care-fully place coated chicken chunks into hot oil and fry until crispy and golden brown and no longer pink in center. (To test, slice into center of thickest piece.) Drain on paper towels or other absorbent paper. Serve with choice of dipping sauce.
See Meatballs recipe for Sweet and Sour and Barbecue Sauce recipes
Hot Wing Sauce
red hot cayenne pepper sauce
1. Combine and bring to a boil, while stirring, to dissolve sugar.
2. Serve with chicken chunks or chicken wings.
1. Combine all ingredients and mix until smooth.
2. Serve with chicken, ham or use as a spread for sandwiches.
Gibson Heritage is committed to preserving the time honored tradition of nourishing the family through healthy home cooked meals shared around the table